The city of Moore has announced several Halloween activities.
Saturday, October 29, 2016 – 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Haunt Old Town is a night of free family activities in Old Town Moore, for safe trick or treating and Halloween Fun. The streets will be shut down in the Old Town area for parents and kids walking in the Old Town area. Some of the activities will be: Candy; Inflatable’s ; Music; and safe trick or treating in the streets! Bring your whole family down to Old Town Moore.
Moore Public Library will be open with Halloween Activities!
This event will happen RAIN OR SHINE.
The City of Moore will observe Halloween on Monday, October 31st. We do not set a start and stop time for neighborhood trick or treating. A common rule is when your neighbors porch light is on, that is sign they are handing out candy. Have a safe and fun Halloween night!
Beginning May 5th, there will be Farmer’s Market at Central Park. You can visit on Thursday evenings from 4 pm – 7:30 pm or Saturday mornings from 8 am – noon. The market will be held through October.
Where: Central Park Multi-purpose Pavilion at 700 S Broadway Ave in Moore.
Grand Opening of our new aquatic park and recreational center will take place on Saturday April 16th, 9 am to noon. Wow, what nice facilities for the residents of our city!
The Aquatic Center includes:
1. Our Diving Pool features a 14’ deep swimming area! The Diving Pool has 3 meter and 1 meter diving boards.
2. The kids’ pool is a great place for little ones to jump in with parents and enjoy the water. Its depth reaches 1.5 feet and has a small slide, shade, spray features, and spill tower.
3. The Station at Central Park Aquatic Center Lap pool offers 5 lanes and
is 25 yards long. The lap pool includes a log roll, family slide, basketball
goal, and aquatic climbing wall.
4. Towering 25’ above the ground, these two large slides feature sharpturns and a fast paced return to the water below.
5. A 439’ foot river of fun! The lazy river has a wave generator and severalspray features in it. This is a must do if you visit The Station at Central Park Aquatic Center.
The Recreational Center includes:
1. An Activity Room for special events or parties.
2. Basketball Courts
3. Cardio/Weight Fitness Area
4. Exercise/Dance Room
5. Child Watch Room
6. Jogging/walking Track
7. Locker Rooms
The city of Moore is offering a time to bring recycled items to the Moore Recycling Center. 400 N. Telephone Rd.
Paper Shredding: 8:00 am – noon Electronics: 8:00 am – noon Glass: 8:00 am – noon
SATURDAY APRIL 16TH, 2016
Merry Christmas to all Bluestem Ridge residents! Enjoy your holidays with family and friends.